Friday, February 23, 2007

What the hell

I cannot believe it. Cycling away at gym (Planet Fitness) a few mornings ago, I'd forgotten my iPod. Forced to listen to the dire one-tape music session that follows you round the gym like a bad smell, I was surprised to hear an ad. But oh no, this wasn't just any ad. This was an ad for McDonald's. A healthy McDonald's. Filled with healthy salad and fresh orange juice. Excuse me!
McDonald's healthy? Don't make me laugh.
After I stopped choking on my water I became angry. How dare the gym allow a McDonald's ad to played across the gym airwaves when everyone in the facility is there to lose weight, get healthy, feel good, look good. It's completely insulting and extremely offensive. How can a gym be so stupid? All I can say, is I hope McDonald's payed Planet Fitness millions of Rand in order to get that played. If not, well...

No comments: