Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm sorry...

Hi there
I'm sorry for being away so long - I got a shock when I saw my last post was almost a year ago! What a year 2006 was. I was so hectic with work tha none of my friends are speaking to me and I'm having to mend gaping holes in the fence to say sorry.
Well, Marketing Mix is going bi-monthly, leaving me time to concentrate more on the magazine itself, as well as the other Marketing Mix branded products such as Migrate (for the Loerie Awards, SA's fabulous advertising awards), Newspaper 10 which will be distributed at the 60th World Newspaper Congress) and direct (for the direct marketing industry). I can't wait. There are more plans in the pipeline but my lips are sealed for now. As soon as I'm able, you'll be the first to know all the plans.
On another topic, I'm always amazed when the power of words manage to create chaos, upset, joy, love and more importantly, action.
I got a call this morning from a well-known petroleum company in South Africa regarding an editorial I wrote for the Nov/Dec issue. The editorial was based on how utterly disgraceful SA customer service is. Basically, a petrol attendant chugged disel into my very obviously petrol car, made me late for a meeting, emptied my tank completely, made me pay for the original amount I'd purchased and left me with less petrol in my tank than when I went in. I then called customer service, they gave me a reference number and told me someone would call me. Today is the first day since July 10, I've heard from them. Amazing what a few words on a page can do. Love it.

No comments: